- Concept development, requirements analysis, architecture development, and system design
- Expertise in the Popkin System Architect Tool and the DoD Architecture Framework (C4ISR)
- System integration and test
- Applications programming in AWS, HDFS, Linux, Unix, WinTel and virtual environments.
- Experience in Java technologies, such as the Java EE development framework, EJB, CDI and JPA
- Implementation of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) solutions using REST and SOAP.
- Web-based and web-enabled applications development using HTML/CSS, XML/JSON, JSF, jQuery, ExtJS, AngularJS, Backbone, Bootstrap.
- Big Data engineering and administration with Hadoop, Apache Accumulo, Apache Hbase.
- Search/Analytics development using Map/Reduce, Solr, Elastic Search.
- Relational Database engineering and administration in MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Sybase.
- NoSQL Database engineering and administration in MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra.
- Use of open source software such as Spring, Hibernate, Apache, etc.
- GUI development using Swing, JSF, JQuery, ExtJS, AngularJS, BackboneJS .
- Experience with Ant and Maven build tools as well as continuous integration tools (e.g., Hudson/Jenkins).
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and related tools such as Jira, Version One, Rally.
- Configuration Management (CM) expertise with Subversion, Git, Clearcase.
- System maintenance and life cycle support.